Wednesday, May 14, 2008

day 3...the bodyweight slow burn

stealthy. that's how i would describe bodyweight workouts phase 1. today i tackled workout b and had a very similar experience to monday's workout. after the first circuit i was feeling like it was a pretty easy run but somehow those bodyweight exercises sneak up on you. by the end of the third circuit i was definitely feeling worked...i think i'll call it the bodyweight slow burn. plank on the stability ball was soooo much harder than it looks. it was my first run in with those coupled with a reunion with the stability ball rollouts which i love to hate. the offset push-ups were also new, and i actually really liked them. i am definitely starting to hit my stride. most of the soreness from the other day is gone and i even attempted my first assisted chin-ups with the help of my gym's owner today. he apparently had high expectations of me because it didn't feel like he was helping too much, and it took everything i had to make it to 5 reps (manual calls for 8 so we'll see if i can hit that before the end of four weeks). i even found myself smiling for no reason in the middle of my intervals...um, i think i missed my turbulence training.

nutrition today was spot on. all clean food and i discovered that oatmeal, amaranth, egg whites, cinnamon, and cashew butter with a little stevia is a divine combination. or at least if you have my taste buds...of course i also love plain cottage cheese and canned tuna so i might just be weird.

4 comments:

brian said...

yesplease.

http://store.americanapparel.net/women-socks---hosiery.html

Anonymous said...

Great job hitting 5 assisted chin-ups. Chins and Pull-ups bring most people to there knees, very difficult to pull your entire bodyweight up. I avoided them for years because they made me feel weak. I've come along way since starting with TT and last time I tried could get 13 chin-ups out, about 4 weeks ago.

I love hitting the bodyweight program, you just can't have a bad day. You are either going to move you're body or you're not, you can't just option to drop 5 or 10 pounds to finish the 3rd set.

Great job.

Emily said...

top 3:

1. unisex stripe knee high
2. stripe thigh highs
3. long leg warmer

Emily said...

yeah, darryl chin ups are definitely something that i always put off too, just because i've never gotten to the point where i could successfully do one by myself (although i've come close). that's about to change though! hmm...perhaps i should have set a 12 week chin-up goal as well :)?

ha and wouldn't it be great if we could instantly drop five pounds for that last circuit? well, one can dream eh?