Tuesday, May 13, 2008

day 2...DOMS make me smile

so as i had predicted arms are officially jello. i'm definitely sore today, but i'm getting some satisfaction out of my pain after so much time taking it easy while recovering from pneumonia. i feel like i'm almost back to 100% (still have some tightness in my chest when i push hard) and it feels so good to be able to do intense workouts again. i was able to open things up a bit with yoga today but definitely took it easy during my practice to allow for recovery. even if i don't do a heavy-duty physical practice it always feels so good just to breathe and move my body and get some blood flowing to my muscles. my head is all over the place lately with everything i need to do before i leave and all the transition i have coming up. i was highly tempted to put off starting my transformation until the end of may so that i could get all the craziness out of the way at the beginning of my challenge, but i think it's good practice for me to learn how to keep up "the lifestyle" when there's so much going on. if i can stick to the plan over the next month, i can stick to it anywhere...so i'm just going to try to keep reminding myself that in the week and a half ahead of me.

2 comments: