Thursday, November 13, 2008

day 2

okay, today hasn't gone completely according to plan.  had a bit of a stressful day this morning at work and ended up going off track a bit...but the good news is that it was only a bit and didn't turn into a total disaster.  let it suffice to say that i'm going to have to start over with my coffee-free week. i hate to admit that on day 2, but if i don't admit it then the whole idea of accountability goes out the window and i no longer feel the guilt.  today's nutrition has looked/will look like this:

meal 1: 2 eggs, nf milk, spinach, mushrooms, butter
meal 2: about 6oz of a mocha
meal 3: .5 apple, peanut butter
meal 4: sweet potato souffle (sweet potato, egg, pecans, butter, orange juice)
meal 5: .5 apple, peanut butter
meal 6: sip of pom wonderful, hummus, celery, baby carrots, 2 bija omega 3 dark chocolate truffles, handful of granola
meal 7: spinach, cucumber, purple cabbage, olives, mung bean sprouts, olive oil, chicken breast

today's nutrition has been weird.  it's one of those days where i feel like i haven't eaten very well, but when i look back at what i've eaten it's mostly healthy food.  i find that lately i'm having trouble prepping food and find myself eating a lot of thrown together meals that are more like snacks.  i think i end up eating too much when i do this because i just eat hummus out of the container instead of putting a specific amount on to a plate...plus i find it harder to feel full when it doesn't feel like an actual meal.  so then i find myself reaching for dark chocolate, then my hand finds its way into the granola.  the makeshift meals are the ones that seem to have trouble ending.  funny, there's an easy solution here.  take the time to put the food on a plate and arrange it like a meal.  yes, it really is that easy.  i once again could have done with less carbs and more veggies, but most of todays carbs were at least complex.   i'll be hitting an 8 pm yoga class tonight.    

1 comment:

Sara said...

Hi Luvvy, Thanks for dropping by my blog. YOU CAN DO IT.
Caffeine is my 'love/hate' things too and I've never figured out if it's REALLY a problem or not. I have spent a fortune on a fabulous coffee machine and I think my 2 or 3 espresso's a day can stay. It reminds me of Italy... I can't be there all the time, but I can have espresso and stand at my bench pretending...