Sunday, January 18, 2009

one year later.

this past year has been pretty incredible. i've learned a ton, made some progress, slipped up quite a bit, created new habits, fallen back into old bad patterns, and re-emerged again. in a word, i suppose i've lived and learned along the way. although i did my fair share of getting derailed from my fitness goals, i have still managed to maintain considerable progress so many months later. pic 1 is me on the first day of my challenge last year, january 14th 2008. pic 2 is me one year later, january 14th 2009. i've gained a few pounds since the end of my first challenge, but i'm still coming in at about 132 instead of 145. overall, i'd call that a victory...to have lost and maintained a loss of 13 lbs. but it's just the beginning. it's time to really get back in the saddle and push myself to the next level. in a word, it's time to start another challenge. why the challenge? well, accountability. support. people to jump on my a** if i start to slip up. the truth is, making big changes in your body composition requires some discipline and requires following through on good habits on a consistent basis. this is something most of us want to be doing anyway, but sometimes life (or those uncontrollable chocolate cravings) tend to get in the way. but the way i see it, if i manage to make and maintain the same amount of progress this year as i did last, i'll be well on my way to visible abs :).

3 comments:

drednerd said...

You are absolutely correct! Maintaining a 13 pound weight loss over a year is a fantastic achievement. I only hope I can equal it. I've lost 13 pounds over the last six weeks, but I have a long way to go yet. I too am in the 4th TT Transformation contest where my journal is "Charleshb Is In It 2 Win It!" I also keep track of my progress at Lose That Sixth Grader. Keep up the good work and not only will you have visible abs, but you'll be wearing even skinnier jeans!

Abby said...

You look great, Emily! Are you joining the current TT Contest, or are you starting a personal challenge? I didn't see a thread for you, but there are so many I could have easily overlooked it!

Dawn Mabry said...

WOW!! What great results. You worked hard and it shows.